Makes 4-6 pancakes (serves 2)
- 200g Gram Flour (can be found here)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Maldon Sea Salt
- A pinch of Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 4 tablespoons Plain Yoghurt (natural, Greek or coconut)
- 200ml room temperature water
- some sunflower or vegetable oil for frying
- (optional - fresh chillies, coriander and spring onion)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. Add the yoghurt and water and mix again until well combined. (If using, stir in your chopped herbs and chilli here.)
3. Lightly coat a frying pan with a little oil, and heat to a medium heat.
4. Add about 3 tablespoons of batter (per pancake) to the pan, and cook the until bubbles start to appear on the surface (2-3 mins).
5. Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes until golden.
6. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.